During the last 30 years we have listened to our clients and their needs and we believe we bring one of the best Residential Block Management services available
It is not easy these days to find really good Block & Estate Management. Alpha Housing Services believe good management is about making life better for residents through planning and fully understanding how a development works. Fundamentally it’s about working with you to protect and enhance your asset.
Since our establishment in 1988, we have listened to our clients, understood their needs and therefore we believe we bring to you one of the best Residential Block & Estate Management services available; we understand your needs.
As a specialist company offering bespoke Block and Estate Management services, we demonstrate that family values are at our core. The service we provide is designed to relieve you, the Director, Leaseholder or Freeholder, of the burden of the day–to-day management. You remain in control of the important decisions whilst we make sure those wishes are carried out.
In recent years, the complexity of managing residential leasehold property has increased as a result of the growing burden of legislation and regulation. With our professional assistance we can help you with many of the more difficult aspects of Block Management including financial, legal and health and safety issues.
We can help you resolve existing problems and build a strong sustainable management model going forward. We support the concept of resident associations, and encourage leaseholders to involve themselves in decisions affecting their property. We also make switching Block Management companies easy and will do as much of the work for you as possible.
Interested in using our services?
The Directors of Alpha Housing Services are accredited by the Institute of Residential Property Management. This means we are bound by their Code of Professional Conduct.
The Institute of Residential Property Management (IRPM) is the leading professional body for residential Property Management professionals, providing learning and qualifications to over 4,670 members from over 1,200 organisations, who serve the private, social, build-to-rent and retirement sectors, managing estates and developments across all tenures.
IRPM members shall:
– Comply with all legal requirements and relevant codes of practice
– Conduct business in a professional, honest and fair way
– Carry out work with due skill and diligence and ensure that you are appropriately trained and knowledgeable
– Ensure that clients are provided with clear and fair terms of business
– Avoid conflicts of interest but if they do arise, deal with them promptly, openly and and fairly
– Not discriminate in any dealings.
It’s worth remembering that the residential leasehold sector is unregulated. Anyone can set up as managing agent and start collecting service charges without the relevant qualifications or experience. ARMA Accredited managing agents must meet the ARMA Consumer Charter & Standards, a bespoke set of professional standards aimed at consumer protection and best practice in all areas of residential long leasehold management.
All ARMA members must comply with these Standards, so anyone appointing an ARMA agent to manage their property can have peace of mind that they conform to high standards and are independently regulated.
Why Use an ARMA Member?
By using an ARMA Accredited managing agent you can be confident that:
- They have the right professional experience: every member has to prove they have at least two years’ residential management experience
- Your service charge money is being held legally and safely: all members must demonstrate they hold service charge monies in trust as required by law
- The member has Professional Indemnity Insurance: this covers you against inadequate advice and negligence relating to a member
- Your agent is committed to and bound by professional standards: all ARMA agents must comply with the RICS Service Charge Residential Management Code. This defines best practice in the sector. If they do not follow the Code, they could be subject to disciplinary action.
– The Property Ombudsman
The Property Ombudsman (TPO) scheme has been providing consumers and property agents with an alternative dispute resolution service for 27 years and provides consumers with a free, impartial and independent alternative dispute resolution service.
As fully subscribed members, we adhere to the requirements of that membership and whilst we hope we are always able to resolve things if they go wrong, our membership it gives clients peace of mind.